delivers fresh organic
produce weekly to
your home or office in
the greater Redding
area. Our boundaries
have expanded to
Bluff, Orland, Burney
and more! Please call
for details about
delivery to your area.
We are proud to
Country Organics Marketplace
2745 Bechelli Lane
Redding, CA 96002
Hours of operation:
Shop at our Marketplace
or have it Delivered!
It’s USDA Certified Organic!
Most of our produce is grown by
certified organic farmers and meet
the stringent standards of the USDA
(We sometimes sell produce from
Local farmers who are using organic
practices, but are not certified). The
weekly selection of produce varies to
bring you the very best seasonal
fruits and veggies.
You pick your box and we deliver it.
(There is a $1.00 to $3.00 delivery
We keep you informed!
With each order, you will receive a
newsletter with information to help
keep your family healthy. Find
recipes, produce tips and next week's
tentative menu in every newsletter.
You can establish service by accessing
the order page on our web site, or by
phone. See our weekly menu on our
It’s a great gift idea!
Instead of flowers, why not send
fresh produce? Perfect for sympathy,
We reward you!
When your friends sign up for
delivery we credit your account $5.
"Those strawberries last week tasted as amazing as the ones
we grew in my backyard when I was a little girl. Thanks for
taking me back, and giving me the opportunity to teach my
kids what strawberries are supposed to taste like."
History of Country Organics
Country Organics was established with a
two fold purpose. First, to make farm
fresh organic produce convenient for
busy people like you. Secondly, to
support our community including local
The first deliveries were made on
August 3rd, 2003 by former owners, Jim
and Rachel Brown. Since that day many
of our new customers have been
personally referred by existing
customers. We count that as a
As current Country Organics owners,
Bob and Mandy Edmondson, we took
over Country Organics in June of 2006.
Residents of Redding for over eighteen
years, we have felt the community's cry
for good, wholesome foods. On our own
health journey, we were referred to
Country Organics. We became weekly
customers and appreciated the
convenience and quality of the
delivered produce. As we begin this
new family adventure, we look forward
to what God has for this amazing
business. We can't wait to serve others
the way we have been served!
Who is Country Organics?
Country Organics is a family owned
business. We are passionate about
organic produce because we believe it
represents being good stewards of what
we have been given; our health and this
earth we all share aand take care with garden shredders.
Not to mention how
much we enjoy the superior taste and
quality of organic produce.
Although, our family administrates and
operates Country Organics it is truly
made up of many people. The local
farmers are key to making Country
Organics possible. We work closely
alongside our farmers to guarantee that
we are able to obtain the very best
possible local produce. There are also
several naturopathic and nutritional
specialists that lend their wisdom. Many
of them support Country Organics by
being loyal customers and telling their
clients about us. Other people who
specialize in certain relevant areas also
lend a helping hand. Most important are
our loyal customers, many of whom have
been with us since we first started
delivering. Without our customers none
of this would be possible!
Why Choose Country Organics?
Country Organics delivery makes fresh
organic produce convenient by
delivering it to your home or office.
Most of our produce is Certified organic
and meets the stringent standards of the
U.S.D.A. Some of our Local produce is
grown using organic practices, but has
not been certified.
We receive produce 5 days a week at
our Marketplace here in Redding. Let
back stock helps insure the freshest
Our varied weekly menu often includes
specialty items that are otherwise
unavailable to the area.
Farming updates, recipes, and produce
information is included in our weekly
Country Organics supports our local
community by keeping money in the
community. We purchase locally grown
organic produce when available.
Our pre-planned menus take the hassle
out of choosing seasonal produce.
We select each piece of produce for
you by hand.
We stand behind our 100% satisfaction
- How can I sign up for service?
- Easy, go to the Order tab and enter your information. We will confirm your order and delivery date via e-mail
- within one business day.
- Can I choose what day and time my delivery arrives?
- No. We determine your delivery day. We plan our routes as efficiently as possible. If your delivery is going to
- an office we can usually deliver during office hours. Contact us to find out what day you would receive your
- What happens to the box that my produce is delivered in?
- We purchase durable corrugated boxes for delivery of produce. We request that you return the boxes to us
- by leaving it at your delivery area the following week for our driver. The boxes are recyclable and are reusable
- and can last for a very long time when treated kindly.
- How can I determine if you service my area?
- We deliver in the greater Redding area. This includes Shasta Lake City, Palo Cedro, Anderson, Cottonwood,
- Red Bluff, Orland and more. For more specific information please contact us.
- How much produce is in each box?
- Each box contains selections by number of serving, not by weight or volume.
- How can I determine which box is right for my family?
- Generally speaking, the Small Variety Box meets the weekly needs of 2 to 3 people and the Large Variety Box
- meets the weekly needs of 3 to 5 people. Things to take into consideration are; how often you eat out, if you
- consume an average amount of produce (which is much less than recommended), if you are a vegetarian and
- how much extra produce you want to add to your order.
- Where does the produce come from?
- We base our menu on what our local organic farmers have available. We also purchase out of season and
- specialty items from other reputable Certified organic farms.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- We accept Cash, Check, EBT, or Credit/Debt Card payable to Country Organics.
- How do I pay for my produce?
- You can pay COD by leaving cash or a check for the driver or you can prepay monthly. To make paying more
- convenient many of our customers use the automatic bill paying service of their banks.
- How fresh is the produce?
- We purchase freshly harvested organic produce from your local organic farmers. Produce from out of the area
- is shipped in and tipically arrives 1 or 2 days before your delivery.
- What makes up the assorted salad, cooking and fruit side orders?
- The side orders are made up of various items that we have ordered in addition to our usual menu items. They
- vary from week to week. Side orders are always a great value.
Marketplace or Delivery Service
Shop at our Marketplace or choose Delivery. We
offer Delivery of fresh organic produce weekly or
every other week to your home or office in the
greater Redding area.
There is a good reason why many gourmet chefs use
organic foods in their recipes, it tastes great!
Organic farming starts with the nourishment of the
plant and, ultimately, our plates.
Purchasing quality organic produce from Country
Organics is affordable. Ordering from Country
Organics is an exceptional value. Not having to go
to the market saves you both time and money.
Organic Agriculture respects the balance
demanded by a healthy ecosystem. Wildlife is
encouraged by including forage crops in rotation
and retaining fence and rows, wetlands and other
natural areas. By supporting organic farming you are
supporting the future.
Your produce will be delivered directly to your
home or office, saving you time and money.
We have extremely high standards when hand
selecting your produce. All of our produce is grown
by registered or certified organic farmers and
meets the stringent standards of the USDA. The
selection of produce each week varies to bring you
the very best seasonal and gourmet on the market.
Inside your produce box you will find the
Country Organics weekly newsletter
with important information and interesting
articles, the current weeks menu and the
tentative menu for the next week. In
addition, any special selections will be
listed as available.
A special selection called "Know Your
Produce" is often included to help you
become more familiar with the types of
produce you will receive and methods of
preparation. We will also feature Organic
News and Current Events in the world of
sustainable agriculture. We support our
community in many ways. Information about
how you can help will be located in the
newsletter from time to time.
Being healthy is more than just watching
what you eat. Because of this, we also like
to bring other health information into our
newsletters. Natural skin care, physical
fitness, emotional health and more will be
included in newsletter segments.
Importance of organic farming
Organically grown foods are grown without synthetic
fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, or fumigants. In addition
they are not irradiated or genetically modified organisms.
Organic Farmers use earth friendly techniques to grow
produce that is safer and healthier. By utilizing such
methods as natural fertilizers, crop rotation and integrated
pest management organic farmers protect our air, water
supplies and soil from pollution. Organic farming is also
healthier for the farmers that work on the land.
Organically grown produce is more nutritious and safer to
eat, especially for children. Pesticides are poisons and the
"allowable" level of pesticides is based on an adult weight.
The average child receives four times more exposure to
"allowable" pesticides than an adult.
All of Country Organics produce is registered by a third
party organization in accordance with the USDA guidelines.
Organic registration assures the consumer that the produce
has been grown and handled according to strict regulations.
This is your guarantee that you will receive the most
wholesome chemical free seasonal produce available on the
What is sustainable agriculture?
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
defines sustainable agriculture as Environmentally
friendly methods of farming that allow the
production of crops or livestock without damage
to the farm as an ecosystem, including effects on
soil, water supplies, biodiversity, or other
surrounding natural resources. The concept of
sustainable agriculture is an "intergenerational"
one in which we pass on a conserved or improved
natural resource base instead of one which has
been depleted or polluted. Terms often
associated with farms or ranches that are
self-sustaining include "low-input," organic,
"ecological," "biodynamic," and "permaculture."
What is organic farming?
According to Encylopedia.com organic farming is
the practice of raising plants—especially fruits
and vegetables, but ornamentals as well—without
the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or
fertilizers. In the United States, as elsewhere,
awareness of the environmental damage and
threats to health caused by DDT, dieldrin, and
other insecticides and by the excessive use of
chemical fertilizers has fostered interest in
organic gardening, particularly among home
gardeners. Organic gardeners use short-lived,
pest-killers or biological pest control and prefer
manure for fertilizer. Organic farming on a large
scale is both difficult and costly, but a small,
steady market for organically grown, or “natural,”
foods supports a limited commercial effort in the